Planning a Destination Wedding for Your Guests
You decided to throw a destination wedding in paradise because it speaks to who you are as people, and soon as a family; it captures your spirit, your outlook on life, and you want to share it with the people that matter most to you. You love Redondo, and by planning out some neat activities, your out of town guests will feel the same way.
Here are our tips for planning a great Redondo Beach destination wedding for visiting loved ones.
When people imagine life in Southern California, they’re in actual fact thinking about life in Redondo Beach. With a little bit of planning on your part, you can ensure that it’s just what they dreamed of. Here are a few quick tips to consider:
Central is Together
It’s great to have everyone in a central location so guests can plan activities together. You can make that easy by arranging hotel blocks in advance for them to reserve, usually at a pretty good discount.
It’s wise to consider lodging locations in respect to the locations of the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception – if guests’ base is too far away from these main events it may be hard for them to arrange their own transportation.
Keep in mind that as you’re getting married in heaven, your guests may be using the wedding as a much needed vacation. Give them the best and consider highlighting what first made you fall in love with the place – the ocean.
Here is a list of our favorite Oceanfront Hotels:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach – This hotel is right across from the pier, and just a quick walk to the beach. It has a gorgeous outdoor pool and tennis court, as well as an extraordinary full service spa. This is a great place to relax and take in some sun and salty air.
- The Portofino Hotel and Marina – The Portofino is an exquisite property nestled in its own private peninsula. Every room comes with a balcony, and the views are invariably gorgeous. The proximity to the beach, complimentary bike rental and heated pool make it perfect for families, while the impeccable decor and highly rated Baleen restaurant make it ideal for couples.
- The Redondo Beach Hotel – This 112 room hotel was very recently renovated, and the results speak for themselves. The property is gorgeous inside and out- modern but cozy and really, really comfortable. Plus it’s right across from King Harbor, and within easy proximity to Redondo Beach Pier and The Strand.
- Other Hotels that are located near the waterfront include:
- REDONDO INN AND SUITES
- BEST WESTERN REDONDO BEACH INN
POLLY’S ON THE PIER
This breakfast and lunch restaurant is the perfect place for the early rising out of towner. It opens at 5 AM, and is located right on the Redondo Beach pier. The generously portioned, well prepared American style food is served by a warm, experienced staff, and the friendly locals who frequent Polly’s are very forthcoming with fish tales. Read more about Polly’s on Redondo Beach Dining Staples.
PERRY’S CAFE AND RENTAL
This is a must visit. It is a classic beachside cafe, serving delicious food (the pizza, especially, is a knockout) and cold drinks right on the sand. It’s an easy going little place with an iconic view.
Plus check out this great curated guide of Redondo Beach Dining Staples for more incredible lunch and dinner options.
THE BOTTLE INN
Weddings are romantic, and if that’s the vibe your guests want to keep up, send them straight here. The small kitchen serves exceptionally flavorful Italian food alongside an expansive wine list, and the waitstaff are accommodating and melt at just the right parts when you tell them your lovely, moony story. It’s located steps from the beach, and is an intimate and beautiful restaurant with a terrific personality. Also it’s an amazing place to get engaged (ask me how I know).
A BASQ KITCHEN
Their paella is unreal and their seafood is as fresh here as it ever is in the restaurant’s culinary motherland of Northern Spain. The ocean views are a true sight to behold. Also.. Happy Hour.
You can check out our dining guides for Redondo Beach including “Japanese Dining Tour” and our “Italian Dining Tour” for more delicious dinner options.
Destination Rehearsal Dinners are usually a bit larger than those hosted in-town as all of the guest will be traveling, check out our Rehearsal Dinner Experts page to find our recommended restaurants. The suggestions are all top notch.
Most of your guests will arrive about two days before the rehearsal dinner, and they’ll really appreciate some guidance as to what fun things they can do to pass the time. There’s no shortage of activities in our fair hamlet, and here are some of the best:
o Whale Watching (seasonal) – Voyager Excursions
o SUP or Peddleboards – Both active water activites
o 22 Mile Bike Ride up to Santa Monica and Venice
o Sunsets from the Pier